Saturday 2 June 2012

Crazy Flavour Hot Chocolates & The Town With The Longest Name!


On part 2 of our adventures we decided to drive through the mountains to the quaint little village of Pentrefoelas.  Along the way Nadira couldn't stop commenting about how beautiful the scenery was.  So we stopped in one of the little lay by's to take a pic of the view.  I balanced the camera on the roof of our car in order to take a self timer shot.  I didn't realise I had set the self timer option to take 5 photos in a row.  So it managed to capture us smiling nicely whilst also capturing our faces as a huge gust of wind started to blow the camera off the roof of the car...


haha, yes you've never seen me move so fast as I jumped down from the wall and managed to save the camera from falling off! 


There was only one reason why we had decided to head to the village of Pentrefoelas and it was to check out this place - The Riverside Chocolate House.


I had randomly read something about them online and when I saw that they did coconut hot chocolates it was a done deal! I'm not even usually a huge hot chocolate fan but these were seriously tasty! Nad had a mint hot chocolate (above) and mine below is the coconut one.  It was so rich and creamy.


They also made homemade chocolates and truffles with quite unusual flavours, we picked up a few banoffee ones for the way home!


Next stop was Betws-y-coed, which has some rather good views too.


We scaled the rocks in our smart boots to check out the views down below the bridge...


and they were certainly worth it! 


As we drove back home, the sun came out for about 10 minutes so of course we had to pull over and take some more pictures (in nicer weather!)


Luckily we stumbled upon this pretty little spot...


and snapped a few more bridge pics! 


and I decided to get arty with some slow shutter speed shots, I must admit I was pretty happy with myself that I remembered how to do this (without the camera pro around!)


Afterwards we had to pay a trip to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerch.... you get the idea, I'm not going to waste my time trying to type out that crazy long name! It's the longest town name in the UK and one of the longest in the world, I think second only to a town in India.  Why they have to have a name that is so crazy long is beyond me! but we decided to be tourists and snap some pics anyway, we drive through this village often on our way to church but have never snapped a shot of it before.  I'm holding up a postcard of that very sign that Nad had bought earlier in the day....


and Angelesey offers some pretty spectacular views of the Menai Bridge and Menai Straits so we took a few pics, unfortunately the sun had gone away again! 


We ended our fun filled weekend the only way us R-Unit girls know how - with some homemade Mint Oreo shakes of course! It was a seriously tasty...and fun weekend! It has been a good few years since Nadira and I have had a proper catch up so it was awesome to spend 3 uninterrupted days with her.  She also provided me with such amazing company that it stopped me from missing By quite so much! 


She's currently jet setting in Kazakhstan as I type this! so she certainly gets around which is why it was so funny that she was overly impressed with North Wales! and seeing it through her eyes made me appreciate it that little bit more too! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog. Lovely photos! I've been to Wales a few times and absolutely love it! The last time I visited, my friends and I stumbled upon a Chocolate Farm near Llandudo... not as impressive as your hot chocolate place, but still fun! :)

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete