Wednesday 20 February 2013

When the skies are blue...it's time to head to Whistler!


I had been skiing to Whistler 3 times since we moved here, and whilst I've loved every one of them they had all been missing something - blue skies! 

Due to Whistler being a coastal ski resort, it's not famed for having bright blue skies very often and so a few weeks ago when we saw there had been some snow predicted overnight and blue skies were going to co incide with the snow, we knew we had to make a trip! 


I had already decided on previous visits that Whistler was one of the most beautiful places in the world...however the bright blue skies made those views even more incredible!


We spent a super fun day snowboarding and skiing, and just soaking in those views!


I will never ever grow tired of this place!


Bear Cub is one of my favourite runs on Whistler mountain because there are lots of paths to ski around the edge of the mountain that offer amazing views of the valley below.



The clouds started to creep in, which led to some nice eerie shots!





    


This mound of snow I am pointing to in the pic was so huge!


This has to be my fave pic of the day! Don't you just want to be there?


Of course no day on the mountains is complete without beavertails!


This time around we had some buy one get one free vouchers so we indulged in our fave reese's pieces one, and I also tried out the apple and cinnamon flavour - perfect to warm our chilly bones!


After our snack, I was feeling brave and so when we took the wrong run By suggested we just ski off piste to the run below.  I was pretty scared...and to me it looked steeper than it actually looks here! 


Fortunately I made it! and I even skiied my first blue run too, and absolutely hated it! and told By I would just stick to greens forever! 



As the day draws to a close I start to feel sad that our time on the mountain is running out!


This time around we knew it wouldn't be long before we would be back there again! so I didn't feel too sad as we took our final run down Blackcomb mountain...


and on the way home we stopped off at the viewpoint from Cypress park.  It was the perfect ending to a perfect day!


We've just returned home tonight from a whole 5 days in Whistler so I had to play catch up before I can share all the awesome fun we had there! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment