Tuesday 1 January 2019

A 7 month old update!



I just cannot comprehend that Addison is now closer to becoming a one year old than she is a baby!!


 It is just so wild that she is already 7 months...and that it's Christmas!



I feel like it was just May and I was freaking out about how few layers she needed on in our freak heatwave, and now I'm worrying about how many multiple layers she needs on due to the chilly December we've been having!


One thing is for sure - time stands still for no one, and it seems to move at double speed now I have two to look after and not just one! 


I just love all the new things Addison is learning, and the new stages we're getting to...but I'm just not ready to let go of those precious baby days either! I can see why people have 10 kids - babies, they're just so delicious and you always want more! haha!


She can now sit on her own for a minute or two unsupported if she is focused on an activity or toy in front of her, but the minute she looks away she is always toppling to the side!


She still loves to roll all over the show, and is quite the mover just through rolling.



One night I left her on her little blanket in our bedroom surrounded by toys to play with, and just walked to the end of the hallway to put some laundry down and when I returned I found her like this...



completely wrapped up in the blanket with the toys strewn about and halfway across the room - she gave me the biggest smile.  She seemed quite pleased with herself, and I just couldn't believe how quickly she had managed to make it happen!!

When big sis is at school she also loves to have free rein over all her toys - shh don't tell!


(That Lalaloopsy doll and her crazy hair is a fave for Addi to shove in her mouth!)


I think she has a 3rd tooth at the top that is starting to make its way through, but not causing her too much pain just yet thankfully.

She is still LOVING her eating! She definitely inherited the Jones gene for a love of food.


 I don't think we've ever given her anything yet that she hasn't loved and wolfed down.  She wasn't 100% sure on avocado on its own first time around, but when I mixed it with a little banana she still ate it.  The other day Byron mixed her a little concoction for dinner of what he thought was broccoli and butternut, but it turned out to be broccoli and peach! (I really need to label my ice cube trays!)



The first few spoonfuls she really wasn't sure and I thought we were going to have to abandon it, but then she ended up wolfing the whole bowl with gusto! It really seems like she is going to be a great little eater.  She is currently always beating her big sister at mealtimes (which isn't too hard considering Ella eats as fast as a snail)



but it is a good way of trying to motivate Ella to eat faster as she doesn't like being beaten by her little sis!!


She is becoming such a grabber these days, and is really especially keen on books! I looked over one day in church and saw her holding the hymn book like this and just had to snap a pic! She likes to hold books for about 1.5 seconds and then tries her best to eat them, she is also a big fan of paper for the same reason! and sometimes she has already eaten an envelope I'm holding in my hand before I even realise! You really need to be on red alert of what's around you.  I was trying to make Biscoff pie the other day with her on my hip and next thing she had her finger right in the Biscoff jar - she knows where the good stuff is!




I can't remember if I've mentioned about this in the last few month updates, but she just loves the sling these days! which is surprising, considering she went through a phase of really not being a fan - but it's definitely good news that she's back on side being carried! because it helps us not be too confined for days out.


She will even fall asleep in it too - bonus! 


Speaking of sleep - I'm still not getting much! and last month I said I was hoping teething was to blame...but she hasn't teethed at all this month, and can still be waking 5-6 times each night! It is exhausting and I don't know why she has gone from being such an awesome sleeper to such a terrible one.  We thought she maybe wasn't cosy enough in her big cot so we made a few adjustments to make it better for her, but she's still waking just as frequently so who knows what the problem is?!


She has also started a new phase just recently where she only wants to fall asleep on me in the night after a feed, and as soon as I put her down into the cot she wakes instantly, and then will only go back to sleep if I pick her up again! Definitely a habit we don't want to get into.


but look at how peaceful she looked during naptime one day? I had to snap a pic, with her arms behind her head, looking so chilled.  


She enjoys pulling out the cushion that supports her head from behind her when she is in her bouncy chair, and then one day I turned around and she was just snuggling the cushion looking all pensive! it made me laugh!


She went swimming for the first time on a random day off we all had thanks to St.Andrew.


It was so cute to see her in the water, she really loves bathtime and love to splash around in the bath so we just knew she'd love the pool!  


She still saves all her best giggles for Ella, and I just love watching how much they love each other.   


It's always snuggles galore once big sis is awake!


and Addi is just as excited by them!


Ella loves to try and match her outfit on a Sunday to exactly what Addi is wearing, so it was all pink dresses and pink tights this one Sunday.


and then blue dresses, white tights, and red bows on Remembrance Sunday.


How are they this cute?!


Trying out some new hairstyles on Addi!


because she still has the longest hair around! it just gets longer and wilder by the day!


and if it carries on at this rate it will be time for her first haircut soon!


At the start of December Addi got involved with our tradition of picking out our own Christmas tree each year...


She really seemed to enjoy peeking at each tree - it's like she was trying to work out which would be the best one for us to pick!


Once home, we got it all decorated and put the Christmassy tunes on...


and I had to capture these two in their festive outfits!I think she is going to love Christmas just as much as I do!


So happy filling all our days with this gang of four! Addison - you are the sweetest addition to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment