Friday 13 May 2011

Mexican Monday Adventures!

-->
The beginning of the week was Monday which marked the start of my life in London, and the start of our Mexican Monday adventures! We have taken it upon ourselves to visit a different Mexican restaurant every Monday for the time I am here in London…because as you well know I LOVE Mexican!

This past Monday we decided to try out a Mexican close to home here in Westbourne Grove, and we were also won over by the fact they gave you your own Sombrero to wear!

Loco Mexicano is a fantastic little restaurant and cocktail bar, I can imagine it does really well in the evenings.  We went in the late afternoon because we were too excited to wait and I was starving after my busy day at work! So we pretty much had the place to ourselves and our service was great!

The food was great, I had Spicy Chicken Tacos – corn shells which got a thumbs up from me, too often these days Mexican’s only offer soft shell Tacos and Mara had a Chicken Chimichanga.  I also got a rather delicious ‘mocktail’ with a snazzy curly straw and everything!

For dessert we shared a Banana and Nutella Chimchanga, with some yummy vanilla ice cream too.

All in all a good start to our Mexican Monday challenge and I can’t wait to see where we end up next Monday!
Since we were just round the corner from the lovely delicatessen Ottelenghi it would have been rude not to pop in! so we did and picked up a rather yummy lemon and raspberry cupcake! It was one of the best we’ve had in a while!
On Wednesday after finding out about The Hummingbird Bakery’s new range of fruit cupcakes we just had to try the pineapple offering, so we stopped by their store on Portabello Road.  The cupcake was alright, lacking a little in the pineapple department, but we found some other great food to compensate….


Banger Bros! Mara was more than happy with her polish sausage and the double dip chips were a welcome after work treat! We even sat on these cool little grass covered stools out on the street just watching the hipsters walk by. 



How I love this London living! My job is going great, every day as I walk into the freezer surrounded by the biggest amount of delicious looking cheesecakes you’ve ever seen I have to pinch myself! I’ve been baking up a storm in the new product development kitchen, I’ve made a whole variety of different cheesecakes so far and today I baked a Hummingbird Cake and yesterday I worked on some mini coconut cream pies, it is hard to believe I’m getting paid for what I love!
At around 11am each day they have taste testing where a sample of the cheesecakes that have been made that day ‘have’ to be tested – everyone gets involved! It's a hard job but someone has to do it...jokes, it's not really hard at all! the hard part is just picking which flavour you're going to try that day! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello London! Loving the new header, but you need to update your intro at the side as you're hardly living the countridied life now are you?
    Loving all the pics - getting your own sombrero looks fab and worth a visit just for that! x

    P.S you better join Mara's gym if all this gorging continues! x

    ReplyDelete