Friday 29 July 2011

Tex Mex Tuesday:La Perla, Tottenham Court Rd


I fear that we're running out of Mexicans!! or at least they're getting a bit thin on the ground now we've tried so many! I've been trying as much as I can not to retry ones I've already been too so Cafe Pacifico in Covent Garden was off the list because I ate there once with Mara after attending Iron Cupcake.  However, when I looked at their website I was pleased to see they had a few other bar restaurants around London so I thought we'd give La Perla on Charlotte Street a try.


Our meal started with free nachos! so of course we were loving that!


Mara saw they had Chimichangas on the menu so she was loving that!! Unfortunately when hers arrived the outside of the tortilla wasn't even crispy - which it should be if it has been properly deep fried, so it came off as a rather sad soggy enchilada rather than what it should have been!


I was super excited about their 'Street Taco's' option.  6 mini soft taco's filled with different meats: duck, pork, chicken, steak, prawn and beef.  Unfortunately, I was also left feeling a little disappointed as they were doused in onions and herbs that were a bit overbearing taste wise and they didn't quite meet up to my expectations!

We didn't bother to order dessert, their offerings were rather meager.  All in all it wasn't our favourite Mexican, I'm not sure I would ever go back in favour of all the other amazing ones we have tried recently! and I've gotta say we had much better food at Cafe Pacifico...strange considering they're owned by the same people! but it's always fun to check out somewhere new! and I guess they get points for the free nachos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment