Saturday 23 October 2010

Somewhere...a great Mexican with an even greater view!


Yesterday morning I awoke to this amazing sunrise...coupled with the fact I knew I had a 5 day weekend ahead of me, I knew it was going to be a good day!


We had a bit of a lazy morning, which was greatly needed after a really busy week at work. We went to Friday night volleyball as usual and had a victorious night, and then Byron made me very happy by suggesting we go to Somewhere for dinner. I have been wanting to go there ever since we arrived after reading up about it and seeing that it served 'Tex-Mex' food and since Mexican is my fave food I definitely wanted to try it, but it had closed for the whole month of September like many businesses do on the island. It just re opened on Thursday for the tourist season which was great news for us.


It is the only restaurant on the Grace Bay beach stretch that has a second floor which means it has the most amazing deck overlooking the ocean. I've been told you can catch incredible sunset views there which we will definitely have to go back for, I'm sure we will frequent it often! This was the view we had there:


It has a really laid back atmosphere and I love all the lights everywhere, coupled with the flaming torches:


On trip advisor out of the 69 restaurants on Provo, travellers have rated Somewhere as the 5th best place to eat on the Island.  Most of the restaurants that come above it are really posh and fancy ones which aren't really my kind of places to eat at! The prices were really reasonable, our tacos were £8 each which is super cheap for Provo, and the service was really fast which is also unusual for Provo! 


Here I am with our tasty multi-colour tortilla chips! and check out my strawberry smoothie in the background! It was delish...but unfortunately nearly as expensive as the tacos! I think I'll be sticking to the sprite next time too! 


They are known for having the best fish tacos on the Island so By gave them a try, and I think his smile says it all! He was very impressed...I stuck to chicken tacos, being the fish wimp I am! but they were still great too! 

All in all it was an awesome way to start off the weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. The views look amazing from this restaurant! Loving the multicoloured tortilla chips! looks like a generous portion! Nice pics of you both too.

    ReplyDelete